Wednesday, December 14, 2005

And They Chastized us for Using Liberals in OUR Commercials...

A story you probably won't read about on Warren Kinsella's Blog has emerged from Liberal Quasi-Blogger Scott Feschuk. It comes from an unnamed actor who was recently in a Conservative Campaign Commercial:

"I wanted to tell you about this thing that happened to me. My agent sent me to audition for this thing, something political was all we were told. When I showed up they were calling the thing Project X. I read some lines and supposedly did not get the part I went out for. My agent was called to ask if I would be an extra in the commercial; we respectfully declined. An hour later I get a call saying that the casting agent really wants me in this thing and would I be an extra for double the money if they promise to have me out in less than 2 hours. I said okay. On the shoot day, still not knowing what this is a commercial for, I show up and there is a lady waiting outside for me. I'm not late or anything and I'm supposed to just be an extra in this thing so I'm a little weirded out when as I approach this woman is like, Great! You're here! And she takes me inside where everyone and everything is already set. All the extras are in place, the lights are in place, the camera is in place and they sit me down, get me to sign a release form and then start shooting. This is not how tv usually works. In between takes I turn to a guy beside me and ask him what this thing is for and he tells me the Conservative party. I feel dirty. Of course they have to trick actors into being in their commercials! Even though they paid me I'm voting for you guys."


Does the phrase "Poetic Justice" Mean anything to you Conservatives? They lampooned us because we supposedly couldn't find any "Average Canadians" to be in our commericals, but things are so bad for them they can't even find any Conservatives, average or otherwise to be in theirs!

3 comments:

A.L. said...

Is this real? If it is, it is not so good for the C's and almost neutralizes the "average Canadian" issues we have.

A.L.

Hishighness said...

I can't say if the guy is really a liberal or not, but the story is real just check out the link.

Monkey Loves to Fight said...

I see no problem with what the Liberals did. If you go to the BC Liberals site at www.bcliberals.com, you will notice a section called voices of ordinary British Columbians, yet I happen to know a number of them as I am a member of the party and almost all of them are party members. Nothing wrong with that as people voluntarily join a party because its values are closest to theirs. The add also said Liberal right beside their name, so I don't see what the big deal is. No one forced these people to join the Liberals; the joined on their own initiative so as far as I am concerned they are ordinary Canadians.