Friday, December 02, 2005

Day 3 Winners:

The Liberals.

Now a lot of you will accuse me of partisanship saying that the GST announcement has to give it to the Conservatives but I disagree, because even though the GST announcement did generate a lot of press there was hardly a report on it without the Liberal response done right after it, and I watch all the political shows an I genuinly felt that our response resonated more with Canadians.

Canadians are past what I call "Crow Syndrome" Where all a politician needs to do is offer them something shiny and they'll vote for it. They want substance and the Conservatives just couldn't counter the Liberal arguments. Add on top of that a seemingly endless parade of economists coming out and panning the plan, not to mention most pundits, and you've got yourself a Conservative flop.

Standings:
Liberals 2 (Days 1, 3)
Conservatives 1 (Day 2)

No comments: