Monday, December 12, 2005

How I wish something would be done about cybersquatting

For those of you who don't know what Cyber Squatting is click here

Some of you may have read about David Bedford, an ardent NDP supporter who purchased domain names similar to police department websites and re-directed them to the NDP website.

After the controversy this caused Bedford has changed the site you end up at to this Anti Stephen Harper page.

Now, I'm about as opposed to Stephen Harper as anyone could be, but my opinion is what this guy is doing is wrong. Cyber Squatting is a huge nuisance and laws should be enacted to deal with it. Nothing so serious as throwing the perpetrator in jail or anything, but allowing the domains to be seized from the registrar.

You'll have to forgive me if this article is a bit off my usual quality, I'm feeling a bit under the weather today. Also my main computer screen broke so I'm having to use my crappy backup which gives me headaches.

No comments: