Sunday, December 11, 2005

I've been honored

I've just discovered that I've been enshrined in a very select group. My blog has been singled out for an honor that is reserved only for those very elite, upper echelon members of the blogging community. It's both a shock and a privilege to be chosen for this highly prestigious honor and I would like to thank all of you for making it happen.....


.....What am I talking about you ask? You're thinking to yourself "He didn't win the Canadian Blog Awards, he wasn't mentioned by Antonia Zerbisias, he wasn't chosen by CTV to be one of their bloggers, so what is he talking about?

What I'm talking about my dear friends is I've been named one of the "Regressive Idiots" by AlbertaAvenue.




I'd like to thank the Academy, my father, my brother, my girlfriend Lisa, (WE DID IT BABY!) My cat, and all of you readers and peers who helped make this happen. *sniff* Damn it I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

Now some of you may be wondering why I consider this such an honor. It's simple mathematics. He called me regressive, and he supports one of the most regressive parties on Earth. So it's like when you learned negative multiplication: A negative by a negative equals a positive. So if someone who as I've said before supports a party with highly antiquated social policy thinks I'm regressive I must be one of the most Progressive people on the planet.

I also think it's hilarious that his idea of revenge is to put a link up to my site. Hey thanks for the traffic man!

I think he might need a stint in my forum's Flame Wars room just to let off some steam before his head explodes.

Edit: I just read this on his Technorati profile and had to include it. It's hilarious:

This is the profile of the real Werner Patels. There is an imposter and criminal who has set up a Technorati profile in my name (this is a criminal offence and will be investigated by the RCMP). So if you want to get the facts, visit this profile.



ROFL! This guy is definatly worth the price of admission.

3 comments:

Paulineee said...

Congratulations! ;)

Red Tory said...

Congrats on your, um, achievement. It's always delightful to be vilified by the opposition, especially when they are as brain-damaged as this fellow appears to be.

Robert McClelland said...

Hey, welcome to the club. I know you'll do us proud.