Saturday, December 10, 2005

Liberals using Liberals to pose as Liberals in Liberal Commercial

Warren Kinsella, a bastion of integrity if ever I saw one, has posted a story by the Ottawa Citizen's Allan Woods which cries foul over the Liberals using Liberals to pose as Liberal supporters in their campaign commercials.

Don't worry, it doesn't make any sense to me either.

The beef seems to be that they are portrayed as Average Canadians and not identified as Liberals, which I guess according to these people Liberals aren't. I always thought I was an average Canadian, but I guess not. And as for them not being identified as Liberals they all list reasons why they are voting Liberal. Do you think a Conservative would list reasons why he's voting Liberal? It's called "basic deduction" fellas, but just in case it's too complicated for you let me break out the old arithmetic:

Canadian + Declaration of Voting Liberal = Liberal Supporter

I guess these people's votes don't count, they're not allowed to express an opinion because they are members of a political party. I guess I'm not an Average Canadian because I don't support Stephen Harper.

And what does the article say about the Conservatives' use of people who aren't Average Canadians?
But the Conservative party's televised advertisements so far in this campaign have featured ... people who are clearly actors.
Oh, ok I get it. So the Conservatives are good because they chose actors so horrible at their jobs that everyone could tell they were actors. But the Liberals are bad because they chose people who passionately support their party and wanted to let all Canadians know why.

So does that mean if the Conservatives had spent more than twelve dollars on their actors and gotten ones good enough to make people believe they were real Average Canadians they'd be bad too?

Nice try Warren and Allen, thanks for comin out. Take another star out of petty cash. (Classic M*A*S*H* Quote -Ed.) Next time though you may want your smear argument to actually make sense.

No comments: