Thursday, December 01, 2005

On a slightly personal note

During the last election CPAC did profiles of some of the candidates running across our country. I hope they do it this time around as well because it was fascinating to see candidates from all across the country and the issues in their particular ridings.

More to the point they did a profile on a young woman named Siobhan Coady who was running for the Liberals against Conservative Loyola Hearn in Newfoundland's St John's South - Mount Pearl riding. I was impressed with her to say the least and was closly watching that race on election night, hoping she could beat the odds and win her riding. Sadly she didn't. But the good news is she's running again and hopefully she can win it this time.

Her website is www.votecoady.ca If anyone reads my blog and live in her riding get out and help her by volunteering! I'd go up myself but unfortunatly my riding is never seen as safe Liberal territory. So as much as I can I'll be checking in on this riding from afar and posting stories about it here.

No comments: